Re: [SLUG] ssh is now slow.....

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronanh@auctionsolutions.com)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 13:41:02 EDT

Mike Branda wrote:

>on these same render farm boxes, when I first installed the OS, the ssh
>on them went through the paces and was at a password prompt in about 1
>second. now it takes closed to 20 seconds.

try adding an entry to /etc/hosts on the 'slow' machine that resolves
back to the machine which is running the SSH client. I have had this
kind of problem with services that do a reverse-lookup (e.g. because of
tcp-wrappers) upon connect. Do you have an in-house DNS setup for your
render farm?

--ronan