[SLUG] apache proxy exploit?

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 22:05:37 EDT

Hello Sluggers

I'm running fedora core 1 with the Apache server.
I noticed the following in my Apache logs:

"CONNECT 1.3.3.7:1337 HTTP/1.0" with a 200 (Success)

What surprised me was that it SUCCEEDED! Seems someone is using my server
to spam. Gah!

I've been googling around trying to figure out the fix and it has something
to do with adding a block like so:

<LimitExcept GET POST>
  Order deny, allow
  Deny from all
</LimitExcept>

I'm not sure where to put this block in the httpd.conf. Where would this
block go?

Regards
Russ