[SLUG] Apache httpd.conf Error with <Limit> Param

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 08:57:55 EDT

Hey Sluggers!

Ongoing issues with my Fedora Apache box.
A short review:

I noticed the following in my Apache logs:

"CONNECT 1.3.3.7:1337 HTTP/1.0" with a 200 (Success)

What surprised me was that it SUCCEEDED! Seems someone is using my server
to spam. Gah!

Ian suggested I add a <Limit GET POST OPTIONS HEAD> and <LimitExcept GET
POST OPTIONS HEAD>.

So I did and here is a clip from my httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.150>
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html/vhosts/default
        ServerAdmin root@localhost
        ServerName webrussdev.no-ip.org

        <Directory "/var/www/html/vhosts/default/">
                 Options all
                AllowOverride none
        </Directory>

        <Limit GET POST OPTIONS HEAD>
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Limit>

        <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS HEAD>
                Order deny,allow
                Deny from all
        </LimitExcept>

</VirtualHost>

I added the <Limit> and <LimitExcept> params and now when I try to restart
the httpd service I get an error:
"Starting httpd: Syntax Error on line 886 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
order not allowed here"

Is there some other option I must set?

Perhaps I'm going in the wrong direction should I instead comment out the
line:

Regards
Russ