Re: [SLUG] Next St. Pete meeting.

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 12:30:25 EDT

Spake Nathan Anderson on Thursday, April 29, 2004 at 05:26PM -0400:
> On Thursday 29 April 2004 04:10 pm, Dylan William Hardison wrote:
> > So, next meeting we're probably going to have a
> > miniature LAN set up.
> >
> > I'd like to learn how one replaces ifconfig with iproute2 (the ip blaah
> > command set), as Roberto Nibali advized us... And perhaps we can do some
> > other network-y things.
> >
> > What say yee, my Slugadonian brothers and sisters?
>
> Sounds quite interesting to me... I missed the meeting when Mr. Nibali was
> here, so I think it would be great if we could go over some of the material
> he covered during that meeting.
Dude, that would be impossible methinks. The guy was like, a wizard...

> Have you allready arranged for the necessary hardware for the LAN? I don't
> have a laptop, but I can provide a five port switch and some short lengths of
> CAT5. I could also throw together a test box to bring if it would help.

yeah... this will require a little planning.

/me goes off to read the iproute2 manual.

--
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you.
This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.