Re: [SLUG] Historical prices

From: Steven Buehler (steven@sanctuaryweb.org)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 11:53:13 EDT

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Bill Canaday wrote:

> I was going through some old paperwork today and just now stumbled
> across an old invoice
>
> In December of 1992, I ordered 2, 4 meg sticks of 70ns ram from Discount
> Micro in Los Alamitos, CA. I paid $124 each for a total price of $248
> for a total of 8 mB of ram.
>
> At DCI, you can get an Athlon 2400, mobo, 256mB of DDR ram, case and
> power supply for about $250. SOME things, at least, have kept pace with
> my wages.

I was putting stuff on my 128 MB SecureDigital Card (about the size of a
postage stamp) that I paid $28 for a local Wal-Mart last year, and thought
about the hard drive that was available for a PS/1 '286 that I used to
have several years ago. It was 10 megs, proprietary RLL interface, and
was about the size of a standard UNIX manual, and cost $600.

SWB