Re: [SLUG] create VCDs

From: mrpeaceful@cfl.rr.com
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 15:24:44 EDT

I've puzzled over this myself and I've never come to a clear solution, but a few pointers on some vcdimager front-ends (very helpful) and some help burning.

DVD::Rip is a very nice frontend in Perl that I use quite a bit for burning, decrypting, encoding, etc. http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/ is the website.

As for a VCD image, you'll probably be stuck imaging to a BIN file with a CUE sheet, which I think requires cdrdao instead of cdrecord. This should work as long as you're not using the new ATAPI device specification (dev=ATAPI:0,0,0)

Tyler