Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 18:32:09 EDT

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 07:19:27AM -0400, Pete S. wrote:

> Though I am infrequently at the Dunedin meetings, is there anything I and
> other SLUG members can do to encourage the Dunedin library's support?

The problem is that this is essentially the decision of one person at
the library, and so has an element of politics in it. That is, you don't
want to torque her off. I suppose you could call her up and ask if she
intends to assist us in getting more on schedule next year. But she's
liable to just blow you off with, "It depends on who calls to schedule
first." (Which isn't precisely true.)

To be fair, I believe at some of the people who got scheduled in ahead
of us are involved in areas more germane to the library's mission, like
reading programs for kids or some literary guild meetings, and so forth.

Paul