Re: [SLUG] This busy list

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 00:50:13 EDT

Paul M Foster wrote:

>When has this list _ever_ produced fifty emails in a day?

We're a rowdy bunch now and then. Still, there are many other higher
volume lists out there that far exceed the traffic I get from the SLUG list.

>And did he mention which lists he's on somewhere and I just didn't
>notice it?

With his address, I could quickly find and remove this poor soul for you
in a heartbeat. Without it, I'll leave it up to your good graces to deal
with appropriately.

>And yep, the uns*bscr*bing instructions on the Lists page only work when
>Derek _doesn't_ have the Twinkie cannon hooked up to the list server's
>UPS. Or when the sunspot activity is low. Or during high tide. Or when I
>use Peter Pan instead of Jif.

We keep Neal's twinkie cannon unloaded for that very reason - Derek
can't help himself. As long as we keep those badgers well fed,
uns*bscr*bing works just fine.

>Let's see. Should I send this guy detailed instructions for removing
>himself, or just uns*bscr*be him? Hmm....

Save yourself, and the rest of the list, some pain. Unsubscribe him.
Those unwilling to read or deal with such things themselves tend only to
complain and cause grief (there are exceptions to this of course -
merely commenting on personal experience).

 - Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com>
Director of Service Delivery - Networked Knowledge Systems