[SLUG] Router losing cable modem IP

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 10:56:14 EDT

Hello Sluggers

I have a friend who has a simple home network with a Linksys BEFW11S4. That
is a 4 port router/hub with wireless B. He has roadrunner cable modem.
Something keeps happening where the router loses the ip address issued from
the roadrunner DHCP server and it requires a reset of the router to get a
new IP address. I've changed cables, and put the devices on a UPS to try
and stabilize the problem, checked and rechecked the config of the router
however it continues. I'm starting to wonder if the cable modem is
defective. Any ideas?

Regards
Russ