[SLUG] coLinux, virtualization, and other increasingly spooky thaumaturgies

From: Vernon Singleton (vsingleton@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 00:21:19 EDT

Things are really cooking over in coLinux development land.
Cross-posting from the coLinux mailing list ...

On Friday 28 May 2004 07:52 am, Dan Aloni wrote:
> Yes, coLinux was ported to Linux. However, I'm not distributing binary
> releases of it. Seems it also out-performed UML on benchmarks that I
> have ran.
>
> To build it from the source:
>
> make colinux COLINUX_HOST_OS=linux
> COLINUX_HOST_KERNEL_DIR=/path/to/your/linux-2.6-kernel-tree
>
> It builds a kernel module in the process. Running it goes such as this:
>
> insmod colinux.ko
> ./colinux-daemon -c default.colinux.xml

I'm not smart enough to verify these results, but it's cool to watch a linux
kernel boot in under 10 seconds on one of my sad 733 MHz
Win2k boxen at work ... check it out.

http://www.colinux.org/

Vernon Singleton
vsingleton@cfl.rr.com