Re: [SLUG] Humor

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 01:11:37 EDT

Spake Bill Canaday on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 12:01AM -0400:
> On Sunday 30 May 2004 07:20 pm, Dylan William Hardison wrote:
>
> > You mean northern ireland.
>
> No I don't.
>
> Even a single British soldier bearing arms anywhere on my ancestral soil is an
> occupying army of one too many.
>
> Since I am not subscribed to the SLUG-politics list I encourage you to
> continue this discussion in that forum.

Bill: I apologize. I didn't mean in any way that I think
Northern Ireland should remain in union to the UK. I was merely
pointing out that there arn't any active british soldiers in
Ireland-the-nation (Eire, the Republic of Ireland). The other bit I said
comes from listening to a friend that lives in the Republic of Ireland.

I will not reply to this thread from this point on.
At least not without flame retardent undergarments.

To be sure; I'm a proud irish-american (with scottish, english,
welsh, and other things thrown in for good measure),
but I'm really sure I don't know enough about this issue to argue it.
I don't live there, so I don't think I should really have a strong
opinion about it.

Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland#History
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ireland-related_topics are very
good reads.

Erin go bragh. :)

--
"... Though born here in this land, my heart is in Ireland. The land of
 the old folk, is calling me home"