[SLUG] GIS grass output

From: Bob File (bobpat@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 19:46:02 EDT

I have 2 different versions of GRASS now, but I still can't quite get the kind
of output I want/need. Version 5 displays my vector data in a monitor and
will produce postscript output that would probably print OK. What it doesn't
do is let me display the data from the database that is associated with the
vector data. Version 5.7 will display the vector data and the database data
on the screen, but I can't seem to get postscript output.
I am getting all my input data from shape files. The background data is stuff
like county outlines, park boundaries and such from the state. The other data
is point files from a GPS receiver exported as shape files.
I know about site files, but can't seem to get them to work. I get segfaults
or useless files with no categories in them.
Is there anyone on the list working with this sort of data?