Re: [SLUG] Computer Users Group?

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 23:29:01 EDT

Dylan William Hardison wrote:

>>I'm probably on an FBI watch list already. Maybe I should go to one of
>>these things.
>

> Submit a Freedom of Information Act request to the FBI
> for any documents they might have on you. Of course, if you arn't on a watch
> list this will probably make them add you to one... <g>

. . . and, of course, if I'm on one I'll probably have my request entered into the Round File because according to the USA PATRIOT Act and later legislation, the FBI (or DoJ) doesn't have any "legal" obligation to give out information about an "ongoing terrorism investigation" to anyone. Are you aware that "hacking" is often considered an act of terrorism by the Department of Justice?

Hmm. I'm horribly off-topic. Perhaps I should shut up. Heh.