Re: [SLUG] {SPAM?} The spam tag

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 09:25:52 EDT

mark@bish.net wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Paul M Foster wrote:
>

>>The ideal solution would be to have the mailing lists operate from the
>>same domain as the website-- suncoastlug.org. However, that means more
>>work and some additional headaches.
>>
>>Paul
>>

>Just add a MX record pointing to nks-lbmx-00.nks.net and then have that
>host accept mail for that domain.
>
>:)

nks-lbmx-00 is a VIP on an LVS cluster that load balances connections
across a farm of internal MailAssistant boxes (that tag the messages as
{Spam?}). This doesn't relay the traffic directly through, which is what
I think Paul is suggesting.

Honestly, I'd like to give the whitelist a try first - looking into that
now.

 - Ian