[SLUG] SQL Question

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 08:34:32 EDT

Hello All

I have an odd problem. I am doing some work for a client and I need to
SELECT some rows from a SQL table named PRODUCT based on a PARTNUMBER
field. The kicker is that the part number field is a character field
and has parenthesis in it like so:

PARTNUMBER DESCRIPTION
12345(6) widget 1
12345(7) widget 2

SO my SQL looks like this:
SELECT * FROM PRODUCT WHERE PARTNUMBER = '12345(6)'

That does not work as () are reserved characters. Any ideas?

Regards
Russ