Re: [SLUG] GMail Invite

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 23:36:54 EDT

Dylan William Hardison wrote:

> Spake Kwan Lowe on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 10:33PM -0400:
>
>>Dylan William Hardison wrote:
>>
>>>I've a gmail invite (had six, gave away five)...
>>>
>>>I'll give it away to the first person that can tell me
>>>how much heat, in BTUs, one average sized hamster produces in one hour.
>>>
>>>I'd also like to see the formulae/program source for this, or however
>>>the information was attained.
>>>
>>>I really doubt anyone will do this for a web-based email thing, but eh,
>>>I'm bored. ;)
>>>

>>1 calorie = 0.00396566683 BTU
>>
>>Average hamster daily diet = ~ 20-40 calories (based on 1 tbsp basic
>>diet mix, some vegetables)
>>
>>20 * 0.00396566683
>>= .08 to .16 BTU (approximately)
>
> But isn't a food calorie different from a metric calorie?

Good point. As I mentioned in my own email, it's about four (food) calories per BTU. Well, technically that's Calories, with a capital C, but I'm usually too lazy to differentiate by other than context.

Um. That's assuming I'm not misremembering. Maybe the little-C calorie is the "food calorie", in which case I'm completely screwed up.