Re: [SLUG] Virtual Folder

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 15:20:36 EDT

On Wed June 23 2004 2:58 pm, Dylan William Hardison wrote:
> lndir is probably what you want. lndir comes with X11.

I just tried lndir on your suggestion and it appears to work well, but it must
continually be kept in sync with the "from" directory, which adds a lot of
complexity. ln -s I guess is what I want, but KDE doesn't see that ln-s
created link as a folder, but rather as a file, which causes problems because
I can't save a file to a destination it thinks is a also a file (when it's
actually a link to a directory). I'm not sure how other desktops deal with
directory links. Thanks!