Re: [SLUG] odd behavior from new router

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 16:36:05 EDT

Eben King wrote:

> Nope, just hangs with lynx showing "Making HTTP connection to cnn.com".

It sounds like it's sending, but not receiving replies. That would tend to mean either that when sending http requests they aren't getting all the way to cnn.com (but not receiving any notification of failed connection) or that replies to the requests from cnn.com are being deflected somewhere along the way. Since your ISP clearly wouldn't be losing or stoping packets with that sort of universality, something local to you is doing it. I haven't been reading this thread very carefully, so I'm not sure whether I've overlooked someone pointing out the same sort of macro-view of what's happening, but if you haven't looked at it from this bird's-eye view, it might help to give you a new perspective on the matter.