Re: [SLUG] WMV & Linux

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 07:22:45 EDT

themadtux wrote:

>On Monday 28 June 2004 18:54, Wade S Grant wrote:
>

>>Mplayer is great......get it here and be sure to get all of the codecs.
>>
>>http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html
>>
>>Good Luck
>>

>Great! Thanks guys.. one last question. Are there any programs that will
>play .flac files? I've tried Amarok and Juk.. neither do.
>
>Thanks again! :)

 From my /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf:

audiocodec flac
  info "Free Lossless Audio Codec"
  status untested
  comment "using libmpflac or libflac"
  format 0x43614C66
  driver flac
  dll "libmpflac"

Speaking of mplayer, has anyone managed to get the XvMC extension
working with mplayer on an EPIA motherboard (using the unichrome
drivers)? I've tried just about everything at this point, mplayer probes
it correctly, but I'm tickling a bug (and haven't had time to look into it):

    $ mplayer -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc
    Only buffers allocated by vo_xvmc allowed
    mplayer: vd_ffmpeg.c:934: mc_get_buffer: Assertion `0' failed.

    MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: decode_video
    - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.

Sure, I could use the VeXP (VIA extended Xine Player), but it's just not
as scriptable or hackable as mplayer.

I'll be running four nonstop streaming anime video rooms at Metrocon
(http://www.metroconventions.com) next weekend (July 9/10/11) running
VIA EPIA M10000 cubes with mplayer, if anyone is interested ;)

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>