Re: [SLUG] x configuration

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 15:06:10 EDT

Levi Bard wrote:

> If you're looking to edit something by hand, it's /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
>
> And the entry to enable the trackball wheel is:
> Options ZAxisMapping "4 5"
> in the appropriate Pointer section.
>
> Or try `dpkg --reconfigure xserver-xfree86` to do it with a menu.

continuing the saga:

1. I edited the screen resolution settings in XF86Config-4, and it didn't
change anything in screen resolution.

2. The Options ZAxisMapping "4 5" entries already exist, but my scroll wheel
isn't working. I changed the listed mouse-type from PS/2 to ImPS/2, vaguely
remembering having seen ImPS/2 somewhere before, and the scroll wheel now works,
though. One problem of two solved.

3. It complains that there's no such option as --reconfigure when I try "dpkg
--reconfigure xserver-xfree86".