[SLUG] Looking for low end laptop

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 16:07:48 EDT

Well it come to the time where my little brother needs a laptop for
school. As he cant write very fast so they suggest getting him a
older laptop so he could type out his notes etc. What we are looking
for is something around 233 mhz Pentium or PII 64 megs of ram a
harddrive cdrom floppy drive he could do with out. things like nic
are optional as i can go buy him one . Personally I would like it
to like to say I can get him to run linux on it but he will probably
end up putting 98 or 2k on the machines. Maybe if i setup slackware
for him I can get him to use that. Figured I cometo you guys as
looking on fleabay makes my head spin.