Re: [SLUG] Technical Resource Kit

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 11:27:23 EDT

I assume that you're talking about the bootable 9.1 Pro DVD since the
others are just DVD's of disc ISO's that you extract. If this is the
case, you can go to the SuSE ftp site for 9.1 or a mirror,
(ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/9.1/) and there is a boot directory
there. Inside it is an iso called boot.iso. After burning to disc,
boot from it. This should get you to a main menu where it gives you
options of loading external device drivers and installation and other
things. try to load the drivers. It comes with a pretty good set
already and I can't remember if you can load your own. If you can
successfully load drivers, you can then proceed to the start
installation/system and two menu's later is asks please choose the
source medium. I assume that the external device would show up here or
maybe one of the available choices would now lead to the external. all
this is from memory so It's not exact and I'm not sure if it'll work but
it's worth a try. this is a very interesting situation. let me know
how it goes!!

Mike Branda