[SLUG] modifying boot msg from RH

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 20:39:37 EDT

Anyone know how to successfully modify /boot/message and the .msg files
for custom configurations for kickstart? I was able to open message as
a jpg, but it failed to display on boot afterward. Perhaps gimp changed
the color depth or something when it was exporting the jpg... I tried
using a .ppm for the file as per instructions I found via a google, and
got about 30 seconds of digits across my console. (grant it that was
pretty cool looking, kind of like the matrix but with numbers, but not
the effect I was looking for.)

Larry