Re: [SLUG] Postfix SMTP client, relay mail through Earthlink SMTP server

From: Douglas Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 21:39:12 EDT

OK, a little more info on this... Using ethereal to capture packets, I
attempted to send an email through smtpauth.earthlink.net. The SMTP
session looks good during the ehlo command, then earthlink responds with
with some 250 messages stating what auth methods they support, pipelining,
etc. and one line also says "STARTTLS". Then I send over an ACK, earthlink
sends a FIN,ACK. Then earthlink sends "421
asmtp-a063f33.pas.sa.earthlink.net lost input connection"

Do I need to do something to configure TLS? Keep in mind, I am only
concerned with authenticating with earthlink's smtp server, not with
authenticating my users.

I've attached the ethereal capture file in all it's glory, if anybody
cares to look at it...

Whata re the chances that the version of Postfix I'm running wasn't built
with SASL support? It's the generic Mandrake package for 10.0 Official,
I'll do some research and try to verify that it does have SASL support.

Thanks again...

Doug

Here is the relevant