Re: [SLUG] wireless card problem

From: Tevfik Yucek (yucek@eng.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 11:01:45 EDT

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 07:13:21PM -0400, Doug Koobs wrote:
> What is the output of lsmod? To get my Intersil ISL3890 based card to
> work, I have to run both pcmcia_core and yenta_socket, in addition to the
> module for the card irself. (I also have to run firmware_class, not sure
> if you need that)

I checked that both, pcmcia_core and yenta_socket is running.

But I have the following:
        yenta_socket 1
        pcmcia_core 0 [ds yenta_socket]

So pcmcia_core is not used?

I will check the firmware_class to see what it is.

My card does not use Intersil chips.

By the way, I used to work on Intersil's chips one year at the
school.

Thanks,
Tevfik

> Doug
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Couple of days ago, I got a wireless lan card for my laptop. The card
> model is SMC 2635W and my computer is Sotec e-note. The card works just
> fine with Windoze in my computer.
> >
> > I've wireless tools and pcmcia stuff installed. When the card is in the
> pcmcia slot, I got the following output form cardctl:
> >
> > $cardctl status
> > Socket 0:
> > 3.3V CardBus card
> > function 0: [ready]
> >
> > $cardctl info
> > PRODID_1=""
> > PRODID_2=""
> > PRODID_3=""
> > PRODID_4=""
> > MANFID=0000,0000
> > FUNCID=255
> >
> > Somehow, it is not recognizing the card.
> >
> > Using google, i found that some people had problems with drivers, hence
> I assume their computers detected the card correctly ("cardctl info"
> gives the MANFID etc.). Some people had the same problem with me but I
> couldnt whether they've solved their problems.
> >
> > Does anyone knows how can I solve this problem, or can I?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tevfik
> >
> > PS: I use Slackware 9.1 (kernel 2.4.22).

Tevfik Yucek
Department of Electrical Engineering
University of South Florida,  Phone : (813) 974 0759   Office : ENB-245