Re: [SLUG] wireless card problem

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 12:26:26 EDT

On Wed July 14 2004 11:34 am, Eben King wrote:
> > But I have the following:
> > yenta_socket 1
> > pcmcia_core 0 [ds yenta_socket]

> It's used by ds and yenta_socket. I'm not sure what the "1" ("use count")
> in yenta_socket's line means.

Eben, I was looking at my own lsmod output, and it looks like the number means
how many instances of the module are being used??? So yenta_socket is using
itself (so 1) and pcmcia_core is loaded by ds and yenta socket when needed,
but it is currently not needed (so 0)? In my lsmod, I have stuff like "ipv6
17" and not used by any other modules, so that's the only way I can reconcile
the meaning of the "Used" #. -Eric