Re: [SLUG] xvidcap, Sara mtng

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 16:56:30 EDT

Eric Jahn wrote:

>Robin, are you using xvidcap because it can take a screenshot of a region of
>the screen or is there some other functionality making it desireable to
>install? I looked at the homepage and couldn't see any screen capture
>functionality other desktop snapshot takers didn't have. -Eric

What desktop snapshot takers do you use that'll do 10-30 frames/second
and save them as mpg files, plus allow you to do voiceovers at the same
time and/or drop soundtracks on them?

That's what I'm trying to do without the analog (blurriness-adding) step
of hooking an S-video output to a camcorder (or whatever) or capturing a
VNC session in a Windows box.

This is for video production, not static screenshots, which I take all
day long with KSnapshot.

If you have other software to suggest, I'm open. This is a new area for
me -- and apparently for most Linux users, although it's far from new in
Windows.

- Robin