RE: [SLUG] I told them . . .

From: VSW (vsw@vswsystems.com)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 13:03:21 EDT

Far be it from me to defend Microsoft of course, but it's really solely an integration issue as much as it's just poor security design in what the browser allows on a system wide scale, permissions, etc. If an unprivelaged user can make privelaged system calls within IE, Outlook, ActiveX, VB, etc., then there's an underlying security problem in the OS itself that needs plugging, regardless of integration. BUT, I know what you're saying, having a secureless IE (as many people's main net communication transport) makes it that much more easy to exploit those vulnerabilities. The bastards... :)

VSW