Re: [SLUG] I told them . . .

From: Jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 06:46:43 EDT

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 11:00 am, Logan Tygart wrote:

> I personally wouldn't care if M$ released its own version. I doubt I
> would buy it. There are people who buy Xandros and Linspire so there
> would be people who buy MS-Linux or "Blue Screen Linux" as I would refer
> to it. Plus, I would be interested to see a production version of Linux
> where everything has been chmod'd 777 ;-)
>
> The Logan

On the other hand, it could be interesting to see how badly it would confuse
MS trying to rename their new apps and file formats... MSplayer to watch
video stored in the new ".lmv" format? Or trying to create new formats that
require one to agree to the newly formed Gates Proprietary License and
install multiple backdoors to use these plugins.

And you just know that they will come up with some bastardized desktop that
looks even more Fischer-Price than XP and breaks compatability with every
existing window manager and desktop environment so that it can't be changed.

Jeff