[SLUG] Route driving me nutz......

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 17:08:45 EDT

O.K. so we all know about "route add" and "route del" and "ip route" and
the fact that none of it sticks after reboot. Unfortunately, I've have
been forced into using the magical GUI in Redhat and SuSE that somehow
makes all that stick. I've found a file in SuSE under
/etc/sysconfig/network called routes that according to the Admin guide
you can enter routing and network info here. It appears to already have
the Default Gateway in it. when you add something without the GUI, it
doesn't work. anybody know where redhat and SuSE kernels get their
routing info from ?? I've googled for the question and all I can come
up with is a manual file you can insert under /etc/sysconfig/(somewhere
different for redhat and suse)/route-eth? that the system supposedly
passes over and reads. it's not there and I need to remove a route that
shows up with a netstat on a box from the shell and have it stick after
reboot.....so to speak. HELP!! gasp.....cough....wheeze.....

thanks!!

Mike Jr