[SLUG] I think mod_perl is installed, but...

From: Ben Ostrowsky (ostrowb@tblc.org)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 11:37:26 EDT

I'm trying to install Request Tracker (rt3).

Yesterday I recompiled a -LOT- of things to get them to all work together,
and I finally ended up with:

Server Version: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.19 OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.8
mod_perl/1.29

(I also had to upgrade MySQL to 4.x and Perl to 5.8.5, and install various
Perl modules.)

The error message I'm getting when I go to http://rt.tblc.org/ is:
"You haven't yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to have
installed RT's web interface correctly, but haven't yet configured your web
server to "run" the RT server which powers the web interface. The next step
is to edit your webserver's configuration file to instruct it to use RT's
mod_perl, fastcgi or speedycgi handler."

I was pretty sure I'd been doing this already. This is from httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost rt.tblc.org>
     ServerName rt.tblc.org
     DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

     # this line applies to Apache2+mod_perl2 only
# PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

     PerlModule Apache::DBI
     PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

     <Location />
         SetHandler perl-script
         PerlHandler RT::Mason
     </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Since http://www.tblc.org/perl-status is working pretty well (and
rt.tblc.org is a virtual host on www.tblc.org), I'm guessing that mod_perl
is already running.

But what would their mod_perl *handler* be? I take it it's got something to
do with what's in the <Location> declaration, and it's true that perl-status
doesn't show RT::Mason in the list of loaded modules (although there are
plenty of RT:: modules loaded)...

I feel like I'm *sooo* close. This is so painful. Can anyone tell me what
I'm doing wrong?

Ben