Re: [SLUG] Question for SLUG (CA, Ingres and Open Source)

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 13:31:57 EDT

On Tue August 10 2004 1:10 pm, Meyer, David R wrote:
> I need to ask the group about something I don't understand, and I am
> hoping that you can shed some light on it for me.
> However, it appears as
> either I have totally missed something here, or I just happen to be
> seeing the worst of the comments.

Since you asked, my take is that you're being too sensitive here. CA made a
public statement which is bound to invite tons of discourse, some negative,
some positive. However, all that really matters is that CA gets some code
for which it is willing to pay. If it doesn't get some workable code, it
just needs to up its price. Enough said, and as one non-naysayer, I
sincerely wish CA the best of luck in its support of Open Source. -Eric