[SLUG] Just Moved to Tampa

From: Sean Tempesta (tempesta@mailblocks.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 10:15:57 EDT

Hello SLUG Members!

My name is Sean Tempesta. I just moved to Tampa from Columbia,
Missouri. I had been working on my masters degree in Computer Science
at the University of Missouri-Columbia when I decided to transfer to
another university due to the focus of my program. (I was being trained
to be a programmer, but I would rather study computer security)

I started messing with *nix systems when I was in High School as a
hobbyist. When I got to the University I worked at the schools Career
Center and started maintaining their servers. They were running Redhat
systems and once I discovered Debian I switched their servers over and
was hooked. I then became the sysad for the only student run and
maintained server on our campus, students.missouri.edu. During the
summer after my graduation I got a job at a company called MOREnet.
They provide internet connectivity, internet2, tech support,
videoconferenceing and other services to public schools and universities
in Missouri. I had a research position where I focused on evaluating
and implementing open source solutions, specifically anti-virus/spam
solutions for email. It was there a co-worker showed me Gentoo which is
now my distribution of choice.
I have decided to take some time off from my masters program and work
for a while. If anyone has any leads on open positions in system
administration please let me know. I am including a link to my resume
with this post.

Thanks,
Sean

http://students.missouri.edu/~sean/resume.pdf