[SLUG] raidframe

From: Ben Drawbaugh (bdraw@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 21:58:16 EDT

At work we have a Iomega NAS 300u that will not allow access to shares.

I have determined that it is based on a PC and is running FreeBSD, and
utilizing raidframe to create and manage a software RAID 5 array of 3 40GB
disks.

I cannot boot into single user mode since iomega has disabled the keyboard
when loading the kernel.

There is only one partition that I can mount without raidframe, which is the
boot partition.

I can successfully boot FreeSBie and mount the boot partition. FreeSBie has
the raidctl utility but I don't know raidframe well enough to know how to
rebuild the array without destroying the data.

I have confirmed the data is still in tacked by booting the iomega NAS,
which confirms the RAID is in tack. But I cannont access the data since the
data is locked down. I can't manage the NAS or access the shares since there
seems to be something wrong with the password file. I can see the errors on
boot.

Iomega is absolutely no help, and the client has no backup.

Thanks for any help.

Ben