RE: [SLUG] New System

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 21:46:59 EDT

For best bang for the buck, I like Athlon XP processors, PCI/AGP, and the
cheapest nVidia card you can get. All are good for Linux. Avoid SATA. I
didn't and suffered. IDE works better (today) on Linux and is cheaper.
Invest in a good power supply. A _REALLY_ good one. And an APC SmartUPS.
You might have enough cash left over for that flat screen monitor. But you
get more bang for the buck if you get a 19" CRT.

You'll save enough money to upgrade to 64 bits later.

Ken Elliott