Re: [SLUG] TCWO - OT

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 13:58:02 EDT

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:14:02 -0400, Robert Foxworth
<rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> > I know they were robbed blind (according to a posting on their
> website)
> > a couple of weeks ago, and they were not doing business until the mess
> > could be figured out. According to their website, they had a majority
> > of their inventory stolen.
>

> > Does anybody know what happened to Thompson's Computer Warehouse
> (TWCO)?
> > I stopped by the other day and it appears they are out of business.
> > What a shame -- they had been in business for about 10 years and were
> > one of the best (and most convenient parts suppliers)
>

> I just stopped by to see what I could find out and their counter
> space (100A and 100B) has been taken over by the fellow in 100C
> who sells consumer-grade electronics such as VHS tape rewinders etc.
> He said all the (remaining) TCWO stock has been sent back to their
> suppliers but that's about all I could get. Hate to see them gone.

Everytime I was in there it appeared that they were doing landoffice business.
Sure sad to see them gone. Hope they can come back as we need them.

If I needed something I could just look it up on their web site call them and
tell them to pull it, they would give me a purchase number, I would drive over
and pick the stuff up. And at internet prices.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;