Re: [SLUG] SuSE Splash screen

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 22:05:49 EDT

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 10:57:09 -0400, Donald E Haselwood
<dhaselwood@verizon.net> wrote:
> In /boot/grub/menu.lst delete 'splash=silent' from the line that starts
> with 'kernel'.

This effectively got rid of the splash screen but console #1 still has this
blue gray boarder around it and it is all washed out, The other consoles
are nice black and white with nothing fancy, now if I can just figure out
how to get rid of that I will have that part the way I want it.

> Concerning F2 not getting rid of the splash screen: I noticed that there is
> a few seconds between when the spash screen comes up and F2 becomes
> effective in turning it off.

I do not need it any more the above fix got rid of the need to use F2. Tnx
for the info though.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;