Re: [SLUG] OT: Any Sarasota/Bradenton doctors who are online?

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 02:38:25 EDT

Max F Lang wrote:
> On Sunday 29 August 2004 23:31, Pete Theisen wrote:>
>>>Is this allowable under HIPAA etc?>>
>>Theoretically if the security was rock solid . . .>
>
> Theoretically, maybe. But in real life
<snip>
> It would have been a minor exercise to have
> pulled confidential patient record databases from most of them, and
> since many of these database formats are well known, well...

Hi Max!

That is disturbing. I am working on such an application for Traditional
Chinese Medicine. I guess I will have to make it lock down by default so
they *have* to use secure passwords, change the passwords every so often
and so on. Then the users start posting the passwords on the screen
border with sticky notes . . .

Regards,

Pete