[SLUG] Java Plug-in

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 08:22:04 EDT

When I run into a page that wants a java plug-in I am directed to a
Netscape site that
gives me a selection of Java plug-ins, I select the Linux one, it
downloads and then
after attempting to install comes back with the following failure notice:
Java 2 Plug-in for Linux: Download was unsuccessful. Please try again.
The Java Plug-in is 7.6Mb and will take you 37 minutes to fully
download with a 28.8 modem or 19 minutes with a 56K modem.
Alternatively, you can download this plug-in directly from our FTP
site at ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6.2.2/windows/win32/plugins/jre131_02i.xpi
for Windows. Please e-mail ftp-plugins@netscape.com if you continue to
have problems. Error encountered -- -202
Notice the path, it sure looks like it is trying to pull down the
windows version.
Any ideas on this one?

--
Chuck Hast