Re: [SLUG] making a usb device persist longer

From: Tyler Vann-Campbell (tyler.v@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 10:39:32 EDT

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 03:14:35 -0400, Steve Szmidt <steve@szmidt.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 August 2004 07:24 pm, Robin "Roblimo" Miller wrote:
> > > Personally if there was a way I would buy a garmin
> > >gps card fro mine and beable to some how leave it hooked up to the
> > >cradle by means o f super glue and use it for war driving.
> >
> > What about peace driving? Why are you people always driving around
> > trying to pick fights? Why not drive around looking for open wireless
> > networks you can use to spread joy and happiness?
> >
> > - Robin

> Aha! Little did we know that people use their laptops to try to start wars...
> Though it has been known that cars are used to hit people and property.
>
> Clearly this is not a very well known subject, and should be studied for
> better understanding.
> - --
> Steve
>
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
> Benjamin Franklin

In order to fully understand the esoteric concept of peace driving,
one must look into history, to the days of peace dialing. Peace
dialing was the early practice of dialing thousands of random numbers
and broadcasting EBCDIC encoded messages of universal peace and accord
to the unwitting recipient. Peace dialing fell out of popularity with
the advent of Unicode, but its legacy lives on in peace driving.

Tyler