Re: [SLUG] antistatic bags

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 17:49:00 EDT

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Joe Brandt wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 22:29, Eben King wrote:
> > Does anybody know where I can order (or even go and get) _a few_
> > antistatic bags? I googled for "antistatic bag" (~7460 hits), and found
> > lots of places that sold in lots of 100, a few who sold in lots of 1000,
> > and one whose lot size wasn't obvious (but I think it was 100). I need 5
> > or so, and could reasonably deal with 20 or so, but 100 is just out of
> > line. I'd like reclosable ones, but beggars can't be choosers.
> >
> > My local computer shop had none, I got one from Best Buy, and Radio Shack
> > (whom BB recommended) doesn't carry them (according to its web site).
> > American Science and Surplus has some, but they're too small (I was hoping
> > for 6"x8"). Shipping by UPS/FedEx/etc. would cost a significant fraction
> > of the purchase price, I think.

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5516385152&rd=1

> 3 minutes left with 0 bids.

Nothing like a rushed decision. :-) Since I have cron set to run
fetchmail every 10 minutes, the odds are something lower than 30% that I
would have got there before end-of-auction.

   Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who
   would keep all wine out of the country lest men should be drunk.
                                                 -- Oliver Cromwell