Re: [SLUG] Re: making a usb device persist longer -- strike 2

From: Robin \ (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 22:22:40 EDT

>I see one guy make a big fuss over nothing. which I think just over
>all this converstaton has ended.... No one is pushing a political
>agenda around here.

I am. I have decided to become a poliitical inactivist. In fact, I
registered inactivism.org today. If I had the site up now, I'd be using
it to complain about that Bush fellow and hurricane nonsense pre-empting
the last NFL preseason game. A man must have priorities!!!

In between that noise, I have a new feature coming up on our ITMJ.com
site to which some of you might want to contribute. Tentative title =
"From the IT trenches" & it's going to be what *you* want to tell your
boss. I mean if you could say anything you want about the hardware and
software you use, your working conditions or anything else, especially
*constructive criticism* and new ideas you don't feel would het heard,
what would you say? Anonymously, of course.

If you have something like this to say - just one or two paragraphs -
email me off-list. I'll use your name only if you specifically say I
should. Best to keep company names out of it, too.

Going to run about 3 or 4 of these/week, keep them short. Figure it
might help IT managers get a clue...

- Robin