Re: [SLUG] Xchat for windows no longer free!!!

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 13:05:44 EDT

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 09:32:02 -0400, Levi Bard
<taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It also doesn't produce memory leaks because of the Yahoo
> > protocol, like Trillian does, and doesn't crash and stop working every time MSN
> > updates their Messenger protocol (which was almost weekly for a while last year).
>
> Actually there were almost daily updates/patches to gaim for a while
> when y! and msn were breaking/updating their protocols so frequently,
> because they did break gaim's compatibility.
>
> <shameless plug>
> I'm definitely a fan of gaim, though - I even wrote a plugin (annoy
> your friends!): http://bard.sytes.net/bangexec/
> (or http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=943957&group_id=235&atid=390395
> )

Not to support Trillian or anything as I can not stand there IM
client. But alot of the rapid changes to the yahoo protocol that
cause gaim not work back then were were constantly playing around with
things... Trillian submitted alot of patches and updates to gaim
cvs.... Trillian helps out the gaim team on alot some times by
looking at the cvs records.