Re: [SLUG] New Mepis sources

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 08:22:33 EDT

John Pedersen said:
It's really quite a nice piece of work--it's the only
> distro that has installed perfectly on my Compaq Armada notebook and
> it even recognized my D-Link wireless card. Most other distros had to
> be coaxed to even see a Cisco 350 on this machine.
>
> I was very impressed by it.

Well, I'm not sure about updating to the current SimplyMEPIS release, but
I believe that Warren stated that updating the current release to the next
would be like upgrading Debian.

I agree with John about SimplyMEPIS. I've replaced MDK10 on my old Toshiba
Satellite with it, and I'm very impressed.

Doug