Re: [SLUG] OT: M$ deals the final blow

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 15:12:08 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: perthie <perthie@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:11:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SLUG] OT: M$ deals the final blow
To: slug@nks.net

How long does it usually take for threads like these to die? :)

About as long as they need to. Personally I dont see it going on much
longer for the simple fact that the orginator issue is a non issue
are you can turn off the auto updates.

Robert Snyder <robertsnyder@gmail.com> wrote:
I would just like to point out a few extra things

A. Microsoft had a legal issue with forcing autoupdates ( ms wanted
it so you could not turn it off) Well they lost that one. While
Autoupdates are turn off by defualt in XP SP2 they can easily be
turned off.

So the whole MS is trying to control me crap is not cutting it.

Also I never mention servers. Why would servers be running XP sp2....
Instead of Window 2003 Server ( not that there is a super big
difference) But sp2 does not apply to win2k3 server.... So dont try
to make this out to be some I stuck up admin shit.... I was clearly
reffering to home users. Admins are paid to do one thing take care of
the machines they administer over.... So they are responable for
there servers. But again I dont see MS forcing updates on servers so
I dont even know why this was brought up.

B. Rob trying to protect MS whine whine whine boo hoo hoo.... Go shove
your head where the sun dont shine. If some one got up there and
started bashing Mac OS i would defend mac os if there was a reason
too. Would not matter what os or what distro if someone was spreading
FUD, and talking out the side of this ass.

If someone start saying just stupid idiotic BS about debian ( and most
know I am not a big debian fan as i been a hardcore slackware user)
But I would even defened debian if I saw something so suptidly wrong
it was not funny.

C. I dont hear people crying and boo hooing over NAV or Mcaffe or any
one of the other Windows Antivirus that decide to update by them
selves????? Nav / Mcaffee have cause plenty of issue when deciding
just to update by them selves dont see people whine over there rights
there. Why people are lazy or idiotic. They have proven that with
the wide spread of worms out there. So eith! er there to dumb to click
windows update or there just too lazy not everyone checks windows
update on a weekly basis like i do on my win 2k machines it jsut that
simple.

Dont get me wrong I am not discouring the move to all linux and
leaving windows in the dust. I would run nothing but slackware if I
did not have permanet ties to some key windows based apps. Just
like i have a dependcy for Final cut pro on the mac. Or even the
bliss of BeOS

Dont make up your own ms is trying to control my life conspricy theory
to say your switching just say hey i sick and tried of this shit with
windows and going to linux full time.

Yeah is there alot of problems with the win32 api yeah... Microsoft
cant just recall every single copy of windows since 95... they can
continue to patch it and other security holes and bugs.