Re: [SLUG] Weather: Ivan's Target = Tampa Bay

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 07:32:35 EDT

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:10:01 -0400, SOTL <sotl155360@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> This is getting old. Three times is three to many.
>
> National Weather Service Tropical Perdiction Center MAP
> http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0904W5+GIF/100853W5.gif
>
> Target = Tampa Bay

Here is the page I have started using, the NHC is a bit slow at times
in updating
the graphics, also I like the concentric rings that indicate the
different levels
of wind around the storm. The outer one is 34 Kts, red one is 50 Kts and the
inner one is 64 Kts. The one you want to click on is the 'graphics'.

https://www.nlmoc.navy.mil/cgi-bin/main.pl?tropical

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;