[SLUG] Re: pseudo block device piping to smb or nfs

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 13:06:20 EDT

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 12:40, Levi Bard wrote:
> So are you contending that it's writing my dvd-r worm in "pie-sector" mode?

It would be physically impossible. DVD-R is physically WORM.
So it should work fine if you are using a true DVD-R device.

But my point was that you probably have a Sony/Philips (DVD+RW)
firmware. I haven't checked the project in a bit, but it doesn't work
with DVD consortium firmwares the last time I tried it.

The drives might do all the major formats now (and all formats in the
cased of DVD-RAM), but the firmwares are still very, very different.
And the firmware is how the software drives it.

--
     Linux Enthusiasts call me anti-Linux.
   Windows Enthusisats call me anti-Microsoft.
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.         b.j.smith at ieee.org