Re: [SLUG] Software for sale

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 2004 - 03:55:39 EDT

Paddy wrote:

> Does anyone want to sell a copy of Windows XP Pro /w license? Sorry
> guys, but my wife does NOT want to learn Linux or UNIX. She enjoys
> pointing /w a mouse and click (left click that is, right click is
> getting too geekey for her).
>
> If you have and want to sell, please contact me off list.

You ought to try her on XANDROS. I put 2.0 in her laptop. It is possible
for her to update
it thru XANDROS Networks easier than Windows. She was already used to
Mozilla in
Windows and XANDROS came with it. Mozilla works the same as she is used to.
I showed her OpenOffice for her wordprocessing. She was used to Wordperfect
which is getting somewhat clunky. I talked her thru the software on
XANDROS Networks
and she found a little Moon phase thing for her toolbar which she
installed. It has
Codeweavers which can run a lot of windows aps if she has something Windows
she cann't do without.

                                                  Richard Smoot