[SLUG] Re: OT: M$ deals the final blow -- why I do my damnest to prevent WLAN association (2)

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 10:52:08 EDT

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 10:50, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> With an average of 2-5 other access points of other company's within
> range, preventing open system access and filtering by MAC are my two
> main concerns. Compatibility with OEM hardware be damned, keep extra
> WLAN PCCards around -- they are cheap, and solve the problem with OEMs
> cut corners.

I forgot my point in the middle there. The idea is to make yourself
look like the smallest target of the bunch.

It's also why I don't _ever_ use a shared connection with the rest of
the building, or don't share a route with another company back to the
telco if I can help it.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                  b.j.smith@ieee.org
"Communities don't have rights. Only individuals in the community