[SLUG] SPF, chroot'd Postfix2, and Perl script

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 09:07:46 EDT

I'm trying to run a perl script in a chroot'd environment. The script is
an extension to Postfix2 that implements SPF (http://spf.pobox.com).
Basically, whenever a message comes in, Postfix is suppossed to run this
script to check for an SPF record in DNS for the sender domain. Since I'm
running Postfix in chroot, this script needs to run in chroot also.

However, when a message comes in, I get an error in the mail log file:

fatal: spawn_comand: execvp /usr/bin/perl: No such file or directory

The chroot jail that Postfix runs in is /var/spool/postfix
I've created /var/spool/postfix/usr/bin and placed symbolic links, hard
links, and copies of all the real /usr/bin/perl files in there (not at
the same time, of course). I've completely opened up the permissions on
these files. None of this did any good, I'm still getting the same error.

How can I get this script to run? Will I need to install a second instance
of Perl in the chroot? Sounds like that could lead to trouble, and I'd
rather avoid it. Is anyone else running perl scripts from chroot?

Thanks,

Doug